×
Saturday, April 5, 2025

Buffett says comments attributed to him on X, TikTok ‘all false’ - Financial Post

Article content

Berkshire Hathaway Inc. said Friday that all reports circulating on social media sites including X, TikTok and Facebook “regarding comments allegedly made” by Warren Buffett are false.

Article content

Article content

While Berkshire didn’t describe the nature of the posts, the firm’s statement came amid circulation of an Instagram post claiming that the 94-year-old billionaire praised President Donald Trump’s economic policy. The video was posted March 13, but it circulated widely this week after Trump announced a slew of tariffs that were steeper than expected.

Article content

Trump’s own account on Truth Social shared the video earlier Friday.

Global markets entered a tailspin on Thursday after Trump announced a new round of sweeping tariffs, with about US$2 trillion erased from the S&P 500 in one day. The selloff deepened Friday as Federal Reserve Chair Jerome Powell signalled the economic damage of a trade war will be bigger than anticipated, with the potential effects including higher prices and slower growth.

Recommended from Editorial

  1. Warren Buffett’s annual letter holds lessons for investors
  2. Berkshire buys stakes in Domino’s Pizza and Pool Corp.

Social media rumours routinely target Buffett, with false claims that he supports certain investment products or political candidates. He said last year he wouldn’t endorse any political candidate after “numerous fraudulent claims” emerged regarding his positions.

—With assistance from Peter...



Read Full Story: https://news.google.com/rss/articles/CBMiiwFBVV95cUxQSXJmblM4d3J5N2JLNElnVTEz...