(New users only) It's tax relief season! Get up to RM300 when you save with Versa! Plus, enjoy an additional FREE RM10 when you sign up using code VERSAMM10 with a min. cash-in of RM100 today. T&Cs apply.
KUALA LUMPUR, May 19 — The Sessions Court in Kangar, Perlis, today acquitted and discharged former Perlis Menteri Besar Mohd Shukri Ramli’s son, Mohd Syafeeq Mohd Shukri, 37, of a charge involving the submission of a false claim worth more than RM19,000, without calling for his defence.
According to a report published by Berita Harian, Judge Datuk Nu’aman Mahmud Zuhudi made the ruling after finding that the prosecution had failed to establish a prima facie case against the accused at the close of the prosecution’s case.
In delivering the judgment, Nu’aman said the court’s role at the end of the prosecution stage was to determine whether a prima facie case had been proven.
He said the court examined two main issues throughout the trial, namely the testimony and verification of witnesses regarding the case evidence, as well as whether the accused qualified as an agent.
“Therefore, after examining the testimonies of the witnesses, the court finds that the prosecution failed to establish a prima facie case for the charge.
“The accused is discharged and acquitted without being called to enter his defence, and the bail money is to be returned,” he said.
Meanwhile, defence counsel Mohd Fadhly Yaacob said the decision marked the end of his client’s two-year struggle to clear...
Read Full Story:
https://news.google.com/rss/articles/CBMixAFBVV95cUxOZ3psMzlyd0VyU3hSV3pQVkhv...