×
Saturday, May 23, 2026

Exclusive | Whistleblower demands Ilhan Omar testify in COVID scam - New York Post

A whistleblower who says she was demoted after exposing Minnesota’s $250 million COVID fraud wants Rep. Ilhan Omar forced to testify, she said this week, as The Post obtained an audio clip of one of the fraudsters crediting the embattled pol with the explosion in popularity of the feeding program, later revealed to be a massive scheme.

Faye Bernstein, a Minnesota Department of Health Services employee, was one of the first whistleblowers of the rampant fraud, raising the alarm to higher-ups as early as 2019.

“It’s hard to believe that when she was doing appearances from a restaurant we now know was a Feeding Our Future fraud site – a major one, possibly the major one – that she was completely clueless,” Bernstein told The Post. “Her record doesn’t look too well.”

She was referring Omar’s now infamous video appearance on Somali TV Minnesota in 2020, serving meals at Minneapolis’ Safari restaurant, whose owner, Salim Said, was convicted of defrauding the government of $16 million — the highest sum in the Feeding Our Future scheme.

Her comments echo those of Aimee Bock, the founder of Feeding Our Future who was just handed a four-decade sentence and who told The Post last week in a front page story it was hard to believe Omar didn’t know anything about the scheme. Omar called the claim “flat out false.”

“And if she was completely clueless, she better fire all of her staff that were supposed to be evaluating. Because somebody didn’t do any review of the background of that...



Read Full Story: https://news.google.com/rss/articles/CBMiugFBVV95cUxQT3pZOGRkU2M0VzFQdHJzNlVM...