×
Wednesday, May 20, 2026

Kyle Sandilands sacked by ARN, vows legal fight - hcamag.com

Sydney radio king Kyle Sandilands has vowed a fierce legal fight after ARN Media abruptly tore up his $100 million KIIS FM contract in the wake of a fiery on-air bust-up with long-time co-host Jackie O

Sydney breakfast radio star Kyle Sandilands is threatening a major legal battle with ARN Media after the broadcaster tore up his 10‑year, $100 million contract in the wake of an explosive on‑air clash with long‑time co‑host Jackie “O” Henderson.

Sandilands revealed on Wednesday morning that ARN had formally notified him and his company, Quasar Media, that his deal to host KIIS FM’s top‑rating breakfast show had been terminated following a 14‑day suspension from the airwaves.

“ARN has just announced that they’ve terminated my contract. I don’t accept it,” he said in a written statement issued through his manager.

Within an hour of his comments, ARN confirmed in a statement to the Australian Securities Exchange that it had served a notice of termination on Sandilands and Quasar, adding that as a result The Kyle and Jackie O Show “will no longer be presented”.

The company said the move followed an earlier notice on 3 March advising Sandilands that his conduct during a 20 February broadcast constituted “serious misconduct” and a breach of its services agreement, and that he had been given 14 days to “remedy” the situation.

Regulator turns the screws

The termination also comes just days after the Australian Communications and Media Authority (ACMA) slapped ARN with new licence...



Read Full Story: https://news.google.com/rss/articles/CBMirgFBVV95cUxNamlscktZOWJIVlkyWmRnajZo...