Lawyer highlights Giuliani's continued false claims as election workers' damages trial nears a close - WDIV ClickOnDetroit
Former Mayor of New York Rudy Giuliani arrives at the federal courthouse in Washington, Wednesday, Dec. 13, 2023. The trial will determine how much Rudy Giuliani will have to pay two Georgia election workers who he falsely accused of fraud while pushing President Donald Trump's baseless claims after he lost the 2020 election. (AP Photo/Jose Luis Magana)
WASHINGTON – An attorney for two former Georgia election workers suing Rudy Giuliani for defamation highlighted during the trial's closing on Thursday that the former New York City mayor has not stopped repeating the false conspiracy theory asserting the workers meddled in the 2020 presidential election.
During his closing arguments, attorney Michael Gottlieb played a video of Giuliani outside the courthouse earlier this week repeating the false claims about his clients, Wandrea “Shaye” Moss and her mother, Ruby Freeman, who brought the action against Giuliani. Giuliani had previously conceded in court documents that he made public comments falsely accusing the women of ballot fraud.
Recommended Videos
Judge puts Donald Trump's federal trial for election interference on hold
This is a modal window.
No compatible source was found for this media.
Local 4 News at 4 -- Dec. 11, 2023
Local 4 News at 4 -- Nov. 30, 2023
Local 4 News at 4 -- Dec. 13, 2023
“Mr Giuliani has shown over and over again he will not take our client’s names out of his mouth,” Gottlieb said. “Facts will not stop him. He says he isn’t sorry and he’s...
Read Full Story: https://news.google.com/rss/articles/CBMimwFodHRwczovL3d3dy5jbGlja29uZGV0cm9p...