An east London primary school has closed early for the Christmas holidays over "escalating threats against staff and the school" after allegations an eight-year-old boy was bullied by teachers because he is Palestinian.
In a letter to parents Barclay Primary School, in Leyton, said there was "no evidence to support any allegations of bullying or misconduct" after the claims were made on TikTok.
Protesters gathered outside the school, which is rated outstanding by Ofsted, on Thursday chanting "Barclay, Barclay, shame on you," and "teachers and families must unite, education is a human right".
Israel-Hamas latest: Follow live
It comes after a TikToker calling himself Zaki, who has more than 80,000 followers, alleged an eight-year-old pupil had been "bullied, harassed and mentally traumatised by his teachers" because he is Palestinian.
In the clip, which has attracted more than 1,000 comments, he says parents were told they and their children could be referred to the government's Prevent anti-terrorism programme after students showed support for Palestine on Children in Need day on 17 November.
He also claims 170 parents signed a letter of complaint against the school, citing concerns over "freedom of speech, disparity of approach and Islamophobia".
Claims are 'malicious and false'
In a letter to parents on 18 December following the post, the school's executive headteacher Aaron Wright said: "Over the course of the weekend, a video was published on TikTok which has made and...
Read Full Story:
https://news.google.com/rss/articles/CBMiS2h0dHBzOi8vbnoubmV3cy55YWhvby5jb20v...