×
Monday, August 17, 2026

TikToker “True Leader” granted Shs1m bail over Shs7b theft claims - Daily Monitor

The Buganda Road Chief Magistrate’s Court has granted bail to a 35-year-old TikToker accused of falsely claiming that he and others had stolen Shs7 billion from the head of the Office of the National Chairman (ONC), Hadijah Namyalo Uzeiye.

Abdallah Bogere, popularly known on TikTok as “True Leader,” appeared before Chief Magistrate Ritah Neumbe Kidasa for ruling on his bail application.

He faces a charge of sending false distress signals contrary to Section 82 of the Uganda Communications Act, Cap 103, which he has since denied.

Related

In her ruling, Chief Magistrate Kidasa noted that the accused was entitled to bail and found no compelling reason to continue his detention.

“The applicant is granted cash bail of Shs1 million and his sureties are bonded on a non-cash bond of Shs5 million,” Magistrate Kidasa ruled.

“He is further restrained from making any further false accusations while on bail.”

The court also directed Bogere to comply with all bail conditions and warned that any breach would lead to cancellation of his bond.

Prosecution alleges that between August 3 and 4, 2026, Bogere and others still at large used TikTok accounts @trueleader123 and @Planned Mulekwa to circulate videos claiming involvement in the alleged theft of Shs7 billion from Ms Namyalo, statements the state says were false and intended to cause alarm.

Previously, Chief State Attorney Joan Keko told court that investigations were in their final stages but requested time to complete verification...



Read Full Story: https://news.google.com/rss/articles/CBMiugFBVV95cUxOYXEtNXpoVlBIMGh6ekh2a3px...