The role of White House national security adviser Jake Sullivan in promoting the false claims that Donald Trump had links to a Russian bank is coming under increasing scrutiny after the latest revelations by special counsel John Durham.
Mr. Durham’s court filing late last week, which glimpsed the extent of Democrats’ dirty-tricks campaign against Mr. Trump before and after he took office, has renewed speculation that the special counsel could soon put Mr. Sullivan in the hot seat.
“He may be,” said Rep. Jim Jordan of Ohio, top Republican on the House Judiciary Committee and a Trump ally, said Monday on Fox News. “We don’t know where Mr. Durham will go with the investigation. He may in fact be looking at Mr. Sullivan. We’ll have to wait and see.”
Sen. Marsha Blackburn, Tennessee Republican, said the scandal should disqualify Mr. Sullivan from serving in his White House role, at least for now.
“Jake Sullivan and those involved in those should not be speaking on behalf of the United States until we find out exactly what happened and if these actions, as alleged, did actually take place,” Mrs. Blackburn said.
A spokeswoman for Mr. Sullivan at the National Security Council didn’t respond to a request for comment. White House deputy press secretary Karine Jean-Pierre refused to answer questions about Mr. Durham’s filing.
Mr. Sullivan was a top foreign policy adviser to Hillary Clinton’s presidential campaign in 2016 when he publicized bogus dirt on Mr. Trump dug up by...
Read Full Story:
https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2022/feb/14/white-house-adviser-sullivan...