Ads with the candidates’ ex-wives. Cries of “liar” flying in both directions. Stories of a squalid apartment building and abortions under pressure. Questioning an opponent’s independence. His intel...
10 Thanksgiving Day Reads - The Big Picture - Barry Ritholtz
My morning train WFH reads:
• 10 Things for Crypto People to Say at Thanksgiving This Year: It’s going to be an awkward conversation. Use these phrases to preserve your reputation. (Bloomberg)
• 9 tips to debunk false claims made by friends and family: It’s important to debunk misinformation when we can — a task that often, unfortunately, starts at home (Washington Post) see also How to Love Your Parents Even If You Hate Their Politics: Does mom or dad suffer from early Fox News dementia? There’s hope (for you). (Esquire)
• How one man quietly stitched the American safety net over four decades: Robert Greenstein isn’t a household name. But his career lobbying for the poor has changed the lives of millions of Americans. (Vox)
• Don’t Believe What You Read About Turkey Inflation: Its Bullshit. But a likely explanation is timing: The Farm Bureau does its surveys in October. That’s not a very useful data point for whole turkey sales, since most Americans tend to buy a whole turkey just once a year—the week of Thanksgiving or just before. In fact, according to the USDA, just a few hundred U.S. supermarkets even stock whole frozen turkeys in mid-October. (Slate)
• Is Wine Fake? Wine commands wealth, prestige, and attention from aficionados. How much of what they admire is in their heads? (Asterisk)
• A $300 Billion Bond Market Holds the Key to Solving the Climate Crisis: In less than a decade, China has built one of the world’s biggest green bond markets, with more potential...
Read Full Story: https://news.google.com/__i/rss/rd/articles/CBMiOWh0dHBzOi8vcml0aG9sdHouY29tLzIwMjIvMTEvMTAtdGhhbmtzZ2l2aW5nLWRheS1yZWFkcy04L9IBAA?oc=5