Kathmandu, 17 August
The Ministry of Youth, Labour and Employment has agreed to address various demands raised by foreign employment agencies.
Following talks on Monday, the government and the agencies agreed to address the demands within 45 days, according to Hari Dangi, general secretary of the Nepal Association of Foreign Employment Agencies.
With the agreement, foreign employment agencies will resume operations from Tuesday, Dangi said.
The agencies had put forward 15 demands, including fixing the service fee charged to workers and withdrawing action taken by the Department of Foreign Employment. They had announced that they would close their offices and stop sending workers abroad from Monday if their demands were not addressed.
Following Monday’s talks, all protest programmes have been withdrawn, Dangi said.
The Nepal Association of Foreign Employment Agencies had been organising protests and other pressure programmes since August 7, putting forward 15 demands concerning the foreign employment sector.
The meeting was held at the Ministry of Labour in the presence of the minister and secretary, along with the association’s chairperson, advisers and other office bearers. The ministry said the meeting held detailed discussions on all 15 demands raised by the association.
According to the ministry, most of the demands are related to policy changes. As the issues are also being considered as part of the ongoing process to amend the Foreign Employment Act and Regulations,...
Read Full Story:
https://news.google.com/rss/articles/CBMif0FVX3lxTE5rN3VzLU1MOW8waS14Zm9VSlVf...